PK Electrical, Inc is a self-performing electrical engineering, design and consulting firm. Since our inception, the firm has done public and private sector work ranging from $5,000 to $600,000,000. Our commitment to innovative electrical designs has lead to tremendous growth and repeat clientele.
Our team has experience in plans, specifications and construction administration services for many project types that include roadway lighting, K-12, university, government, healthcare, low voltage, airports, sports facilities and parks, remodels, utilities, military, fueling facilities, restaurants, site development, commercial, renewable energy, feasibility and energy studies, LEED and master planning.
Also, we are:
- Serving Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Iowa, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, Montana, Oregon, South Dakota, Utah, Washington, Wyoming and Guam.
- Registered as a DBE in the Nevada Unified Certification Program which covers Nevada Department of Transportation, the Reno Tahoe International Airport, McCarran International Airport Las Vegas and the Regional Transportation Commission statewide.
- Registered as a DBE in the City and County of Denver and a member of the Colorado Unified Certification Program. The Colorado UCP DBE and ACDBE directory includes all DBE firms certified by CDOT and the CCD eligible to meet DBE and ACDBE participation requirements on FHWA, FAA and FTA-funded contracts in Colorado. The Regional Transportation District as well as 60 agencies are members of the UCP. SBE/DBE/M/WBE certified.
- Finalists in 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013 for “Best Places to Work” Campaign.
- Listed on the 2010 and 2011 Zweig White HotFirm list.
Members of :
- American Institute of Architects
- Illuminating Engineering Society of North America, Sierra Nevada Section
- US Green Building Council
- American Council of Engineering Companies
- Northern Nevada International Association of Electrical Inspectors
- Western Industrial Nevada
- National Society of Professional Engineers
- Society of Women Engineers
- Certified Women's Business Enterprise National Council
- Illuminating Engineering Society, Denver/Rocky Mountain Section and Reno Section, Member
- International Association of Electrical Inspectors, Rocky Mountain Chapter
- Washoe County Honorary Sheriff’s Association, Member
- National Fire Protection Association, Member
- US Green Building Council, Member
- Society of American Military Engineers, Pikes Peak and Denver Posts; Honolulu Post, Northern Nevada Field Chapter, Frontier Post
- Colorado Association of Healthcare Engineers and Directors.
PK Electrical, Inc., a Nevada Corporation, was established in 1996. The principals, Karen D. Purcell, P.E. and Alan Wiskus, LEED AP BD+C, bring more than 50 years of electrical engineering experience to the corporation. Our office is located in Reno, Nevada.
Prior to starting PK Electrical, Inc., Ms. Purcell worked as a project manager in electrical design. Her body of work included school districts, various city, county and state municipalities and international airports. In 1996, Ms. Purcell formed PK Electrical, Inc.
Mr. Wiskus joined the firm in February 1997 as an electrical designer. He has a background in medical, commercial, educational, industrial and residential projects. In 2004, Mr. Wiskus became a principal and currently serves as vice president.
Since 1996, the firm has experienced tremendous growth in size and project size, project type and has expanded coverage to include all of Nevada, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Iowa, New Mexico, Montana, North Dakota, Oregon, South Dakota, Utah, Washington, Wyoming and Guam. Our growth is a reflection of satisfied customers and a dedication to our discipline.
Passion. Commitment. Integrity. Innovation. Accountability. These are the values we approach each project with and are the foundation for why we do what we do. We focus on providing value to our customers and building long term relationships.
PK Electrical, Inc is committed to an exceptional customer experience. We incorporate client objectives, budget and time frame for each project to provide a high-quality product in an efficient and cost effective manner. By capitalizing on the extensive knowledge of codes and standards, and the latest technology, our projects perform smoothly from conception to construction.
The staff at PK Electrical, Inc. is always in a state of training and updating their skill set. Staying current on codes, lamps and ballasts, power issues and software is paramount to the success of our projects.
We are the regional leader in the electrical engineering, design and consulting field that is committed to bringing out the best in its employees, clients and projects while upholding the highest standards of our discipline, work ethic and integrity.